Training and workshops
This full day training session covers all aspects of personal financial planning from managing debt, understanding investment principles, managing and understanding employee benefits and estate planning while balancing life and work.
- Introduction and overview
- Life stages
- Our relationship with money
- What is my financial status
- Responsible and irresponsible debt
- Garnishee orders
- Debt counselling – When do I need expert assistance
- Credit advantages and disadvantages
- Investment principles
- Risk and risk profiling
- My emergency Fund
- Life – Disability – Income replacement – Critical Illness – Funeral cover
- Short term insurance
- Medical Aid
Preparing for Retirement
- Retirement saving vehicles
- Making sense of my Benefit Statement
- Tax consequences (early withdrawal and Retirement) on Pension/Provident Funds
- Preserving retirement funding on resignation
- Beneficiary nominations
Wills and Trusts
- What is a Will
- How do I arrange for my Will
- Role players
- Executor's responsibilities and fees
- Letters of Authority
- Letters of Executorship
- Living Wills
My Life File
- What is a Life File
- Keeping track of my life plan
- Practice makes perfect
This workshop encourages serious consideration of all aspects of retirement in a structured way. This workshop can be offered as a half-day session or as a full-day session
- Approaching the big day
- Wheel of life
- The big day has arrived
- Retirement let-downs
- Emotional phases of retirement
- Emotional barometer
- After the big day and the rest of your life
- Your strengths
- Your interests
- Your aspiration list
- Finding your new purpose
Guiding you to map and navigate your path to retirement while leading a purposeful life. This workshop can be offered as a half-day session or as a full-day session.
- Retirement Statistics – Scary Stuff!
- Why People Retire with Insufficient Retirement Income – It's the Planning!
- Planning for retirement – your key to financial wellbeing when you stop work
- How do I Save for Retirement?
- What if I Don't Make it to Retirement?
- Easing into Retirement
- Post retirement
- Finding a new purpose
- Choosing a Financial Advisere
This course will help you increase your disposable income by equipping you to manage your income and expenses effectively.
- Debt is not a bad word
- Difference between good debt, bad debt and necessary debt
- Understanding credit cards and store cards
- Stop wasting money on bad insurance
- Why paying off your home is your best investment?
- Setting personal investment goals
- Prepare a personal balance sheet
- Prepare a personal income and expense statement
- Develop a personal/family budget
- Understand the difference between Needs / Wants / Instant gratification / Delayed gratification.
- Why people get caught in bad investments. Greed /Ignorance
Increase your net worth by understanding your relationship with money and learning to set personal investment strategies.
- Understanding the difference between saving and investing
- Some common mistakes people make
- Why you should save/invest
- Factors to consider when investing
- Understanding the Major asset classes
- Insurance to ensure Family security
- Wealth creation secrets
- Where and how should I invest
- Wills and Trusts
Retrenchment is a stark reality that faces many South Africans. We prepare and guide you through this traumatic and often emotional period. Ensuring sound financial decisions and emotional wellbeing. This workshop can be offered as a half-day session or as a full-day session.
- The psychology of retrenchment
- A case-study
- Fixed versus growth mindset
- How you can change from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- What is in your toolkit
- Your strengths
- Your interests
- Your core values
- Your experiences
- The world of work
- World of opportunities
- Using your toolkit to unlock opportunities
- Action plan/The power of networking
- Goals and time lines
- Survive and thrive
We cover the importance of having a valid Will and revising your Will periodically.
- Why do You Need a Valid Will?
- Who can Benefit under a Will
- Reviewing Your Will
- Cost of a Will
- Signing Procedures
- Intestate Law
- Life Insurance and Pension Funds
- The Living Will
This half-day workshop will provide awareness and self-understanding that will empower candidates to initiate change and growth.
- Identity, Self-acceptance, Self-image and Self Esteem
- Johari's Window
- Emotional well-being
- Stress management
- Optional for full day training: Keirsey Personality Analysis
Improve listening and communication skills, to bridge the gap between different cultures, races, age groups and genders
- Communication self-evaluation
- Effective Listening
- Learning the skill of attending
- Problem solving techniques
- Understanding human behaviour and needs
- Basic Conflict management
Transforming destructive conflict to constructive engagement at work, home, the community and the world with the focus on prevention, resolution and containment. This is a full-day workshop.
- Developing a balcony perspective: The Emotional, Rational and Creative Element
- Third Side Roles
The Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 requires the appointment of health and safety representatives when the number of employees exceeds 20. The employer is required to provide health and safety training, in order for the representatives to perform their duties effectively. We offer consultancy services and will assist your company to comply in:
- An Overview of the O.H.S Act, what it says about the duties and responsibilities of employers and their employees; and the requirements to comply.
- Process in the appointment of Health and Safety Representatives
- Understanding the respective roles, duties and responsibilities, and how to execute.
To enable employees to cope with the stress of everyday life and improve their ability to successfully overcome stress and burnout.
- Three Stages of Stress
- Symptoms of Stress and Burnout
- External Situations versus Inner Weaknesses
- Handling Stressful Situations
- Recovery from Burnout
Women instinctively react differently to men in many circumstances. This workshop embraces the differences and teaches women to align their thinking towards finances by instilling good financial habits.
- Basics of Money Management
- Your relationship with money
- Your relationship with your finances
- Managing finances in a Partnership
- Setting Financial Goals
- Getting organised
- Reviewing your finances at different life stages
Our Financial Wellness workshops teach employees to make a lifestyle changes that will ensure a secure future for them and their families.
We offer Financial Wellness workshops to companies who are concerned about the financial well-being of their employees. Financial stress can impact on an employee's productivity, quality of output, attendance or attitude towards colleagues. Too often people resign not because they are unhappy, but because they see it as a means to increase their salaries to meet their current debt or have access to their Pension Fund money. This workshop is geared to teach employees to structure their finances in a manner that will ensure that their salaries can service their debt and that there is income left for savings and investment.
- Change in Leadership
- Women Leadership Development
- Women and Finance
- Personal Finance Management for Learners/Interns